The Best of the Best!
An Australian native edible and medical plant collection that includes 10 species of hardy, frost and drought tolerant species for high level nutritious and medical value. Proven to grow in Australian conditions and offer real survival benefits!
Included if required and dependent on seasonal availability, are smoke infused granules for any species that do require smoke pre-treatment along with a booklet explaining growing conditions, edible information and medicinal information,
- Full sun / Part shade
- Light frost tolerant to very frost tolerant
- Drought tolerant
- Plant Spacing 30 cm - 1.5 m
- Most species work well in pots
Medicinal Species include -
- Camel Bush x 20– The bark can be boiled and used as an antiseptic to wash wounds.
- Minharri – Crush the leaves and boil in water. Rub to treat headaches, colds and rheumatism.
- Emu Bush x 10– Leaf concoction or poultice to treat sores/wounds. Proven antiseptic with antibacterial properties.
Bush Tucker Species include –
Salt Bush x 12 – Salty sweet berries eaten straight from the tree. Boil the berries to make salt bush tea.
Bush Tomato x 6 – Fast growing shrub with vitamin C rich fruit. Can be dried and consumed like raisins.
Snow berries x 40 – Prolific fruiter of succulent white berries, eat raw or cook to make jams/chutney.
Golden Purslane x 25 – Rapid growing and easy to forage, leaves make a delicious and nutritious salad substitute.
Camel Bush x 20 – highly nutritious edible seed that can be ground into a flour for baking and damper.
Native carrot x 30– Smells and tastes just like carrot, cook the small tubers before eating.
Native Spinach x 5– The ultimate spinach alternative. Large edible leaves eat raw or cooked.
Species are subject to availability and not all species are available all year round. We try our best to include these listed but at times we will swap out for a like species.
The QR code on each tins has updated list and information.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.